Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

I Am Ignoring The Weather And Pretending It's Fall

My God, will this summer never end?!  I am ready for it to be gone.  Seriously. Now.  While the nights have been dipping into the 40's, the days are still in the upper 70's.  This is completely ruining my plans to make comfort food suitable for Fall.  Eating lasagna, soups, and casseroles just cannot be done when it's still grilling weather.  

I have given up on checking the weather forecast, since we have had the same exact weather every day for 2 weeks.  I feel like I've been transplanted to another state and no longer live in Iowa.  

Fingers crossed the temps dip later this week.  I have plans to make some "stoups" I found on this blog: Kalyn's Kitchen.  Sausage, kale, and bean stew?  Yum.  Red beans and rice?  Oh yes.  And neither are things Bud will eat, so my plans to package and freeze portions for lunch will come to fruition.  If only I can cook in my kitchen without breaking out in a sweat from having the stove and oven on.  And let's not forget, I'm still wanting to make more muffins!  It's just so much easier to make these things when it's gloomy, cool, and damp outside.  It makes the nesting feeling that much more "nestier".  

I haven't talked about my garden much at all.  That's because it tanked this summer, and not much happened.  Now I'm in the process of cutting things back and so looking forward to leaves all over the yard (not!).  Time to take down the patio furniture, put away the yard ornaments, and hang up those Halloween skeletons!  

Are you looking forward to Fall?  What's your favorite Fall dish to make?







2 comments:

  1. It's been kinda warm here too, even for the desert., but I'm not complaining, I love the heat, and summer weather makes life so much easier. I'm not big on Fall food, except for dessert, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I bought all this stuff for cold weather and it turned back hot.
    I am glad my herbs are still going though.
    I am looking forward to baked potato soup. That's good stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Did you know comments taste like chocolate mousse? I looooove chocolate mousse--leave a comment and feed me.