Once again up early to get in that gym workout--almost forgot my fun Tuesday post. I thought about this on my drive home across town; perhaps I should have been concentrating on what I was doing behind the wheel, hmmmm?
Here's what makes me smile this week:
1. Pesto. So versatile, and made with my favorite herb: basil. Making pesto chicken tonight for my sweetie: pour pesto over chicken boobs, put in oven, and bake til done. Easy. Delicious. No brainer. Roast some potatoes, add a veggie. Oh--and a bottle of wine. Perfect dinner for two.
2. Gloomy days. What can I say? They make me feel cozy and comfy while I'm inside looking out. And they make the Fall leaf color POP!
3. Dried cranberries. I went to Walmart and bought a giganto bag of them. I will eat them in oatmeal, salads, and by the handful. Sweet and tart.
4. Pier-One candles. Thank you for making Ember candles. They smell like Fall without being sickly sweet.
5. The smell of freshly brewed coffee. Ah....a childhood memory that always fills me with happiness. One of the best smells on the planet!
6. Kale. I love you. You taste good in soup and my tummy thanks you.
7. My hair stylist, Sara. She's awesome! She knows my hair, is one with my hair, and controls my hair. She is my hair guru.
What's rocking your world this week?