Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Just a Quick Post!

I have to leave for work in about 15 minutes.  It seems like this past week has been exhausting and full of extra "stuff" that is keeping me from sitting at the computer, reading everyone's blogs, and sending out my fabulous words of wisdom to the world (insert laughter here).  


Anyway, I am still around, I am just a bit busy and my days are full.  It is very hot and muggy, and my running hasn't been very productive because of it.  I also have hurt my left foot and it is sore pretty much all the time.  I am icing it, and trying to not panic, since I have a 5K this Saturday.  I may have to only run a few times this week before the race, and try and rest the foot.  I would rather have this happen now, and not when I am beginning my half marathon training next month.  I am pretty sure it's plantar fascitis, which seems to rear it's ugly head a lot.  It can make for a long work day!


I have finished my 60th book!  Woohoo!!!  If you need any summer reading ideas, check out my other blog Bookalicious Babe, or join my blogging book club The Talking Leaf Book Club.  We're just starting our June selection, The Red Leather Diary by Lily Koppel.  I think if I continue with my pace of 10 books a month, I should reach my goal of 100 books by the end of September.  I have read some great stuff!


More garden pictures coming this week, and I think it's time to try some new summer supper recipes.  Everyone stay cool, enjoy the flowers, and read a book!

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your foot, I hope it will get better before your race. Stupid weather here is still cool and cloudy arghhh..Hope your work day will fly by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been mia - trying to get caught up...

    Sorry to hear about your foot :( Hope it's back to feeling good soon.

    Go YOU on your reading! Man, it's been way too long since I had time to pick up a book. Maybe I'll give your book club read a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do hope you feel better soon!

    You're like Hermione--a reading wizard!!!

    Can't wait to see more garden pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your foot gets better supa fast. :)

    I'm going on vacation next week and plan on reading as many books as I can get my grubby hands on. :)

    ReplyDelete

Did you know comments taste like chocolate mousse? I looooove chocolate mousse--leave a comment and feed me.