Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Daisies Are Bloomin'

Here's the back garden this week.  A few days of rain and warmth and things are exploding.  It's a relief to know I planted bulbs correctly ( when they don't come up, I figured I planted them upside down) since they are starting to pop up.  


There is something about seeing the seeds I planted finally showing some life that brings out the child in me.  I love to see it all happen right in my very own yard.  I think I may have missed my calling in life--to work with plants and flowers in some way.  Not at a garden center, or a nursery, but somewhere in the botany field.  For now, I am content to show what's growing in my yard:








The daisies are going crazy.  I may be sharing some with friends again this year.  My pink peony is thisclose to blooming, and my lillies are growing fast.  My irises are close to being done--I have some purple by the garage that smell like grape jelly.  I love them, but they have such a short blooming life.


As far as veggies go, my tomato plants are getting bigger, and the herbs are in a race to see who can grow the fastest (I think the oregano is winning).  Can't wait to pick some basil and make a great salad with it.  C-Joy put panzanella in my head yesterday, so that may be on the menu soon.


Mother Nature has gifted me with enough helicopters  to form an army and take over the world.  I am done with sweeping, picking, and tossing them in the yardy.  Helicopters, you are safe from me.  You won. For now.   Just remember I will be ripping you out of the ground later this year as you try to take over my yard with your little trees.  Little shits.

5 comments:

  1. Oooh! It all looks so lovely! You truly have a green thumb my friend! I've never attempted to start anything from seed. We always buy our flowers and veggies in seedling form. (except for patching the grass, that is)

    Come on by when you get a moment... I've got a little something for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking flowers.
    My herbs aren't up yet. I got them in late and I still have to plant my basil. Fresh basil is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous of your green thumb. My yard is the yard all the dandelions flock to because they know it's safe. And everything else, I kill. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE daisies!!!! My absolute favorite flower!!!

    You have an award waiting for you on my blog--you get to be an Overlord and make 3 changes to our world!!!!! You have the power of world domination!!!! I got carried away with it, but it was so much fun! I hope you will have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, those are some great pictures and beautiful flowers. I'd love to have some of those tomatoes and basil...yummy

    ReplyDelete

Did you know comments taste like chocolate mousse? I looooove chocolate mousse--leave a comment and feed me.