Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

You Know You're Tired When...

You're too tired to get up and go to bed which in my teeny house is only about 20 feet away from where I am sitting now.  It may as well be across the Sahara.


You pause in whatever you are doing to watch a TV commercial about a vacuum that swivels around corners.  Fascinating!


Eating malted milk Easter eggs is your idea of dinner.


I'm too tired to read!!!  Yes, Hell has frozen over and there's a flock of pink pigs flying by my window.  This too shall pass.


You stop drinking a beer to make a cup of tea instead.  Comfort in a cup!


I can't stop staring....help me!


While you love your man with every fiber of your being, you are glad to be home by yourself so you can sit and stare at nothing for minutes at a time.


The staring is done in sweats and a ratty t-shirt.  Holding a cup of tea.  Wrapped in a blanket.  


You think your alarm clock is set, but just don't care enough to check.  Your tired mind is convinced you will wake up in plenty of time to eat breakfast, get ready for work, split wood for the wood cook stove in your kitchen (not really--just a gas stove), churn some butter, and sew all your clothing for the next year. 


See, I told you I was tired.  Good night all!







3 comments:

  1. You also know you're tired when you fall asleep in your child's bed & your child wakes you up to say "You can go to your own bed now mommy"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this scenario only too well. At least you have a valid reason to be so tired! I can't even come up with a plausible fib! I'll take the tea over the beer any time. How sad is that? BTW, I'd love some of that fresh churned butter if you have any to spare! ;~)

    Have a great weekend!
    XOXO
    ~Mrs B

    ReplyDelete

Did you know comments taste like chocolate mousse? I looooove chocolate mousse--leave a comment and feed me.