Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Tropical Fruit and Vitamins

Yesterday I stopped at the grocery store to pick up a few items for my "work" salads and stumbled across a giant Tropical Fruit Sale!  I picked up a pineapple for $1.99, kiwi fruits for .25 each, and an ugli fruit for $1.50.









Yes, the ugli fruit is pretty ugly, when you set it next to oranges, lemons, and limes.  It's the hulking acne covered ugly sister.  But inside, it's a delicious piece of fruit.  It's a combination of a few fruits, and you can peel and eat the sections, or slice it in half and eat it like a grapefruit.  Since I am terrible at peeling fruit, I am going to slice it and try to eat it gracefully with a spoon.


Today's lunch will be my curry chicken salad along with some spring mix salad on a pita.  I'm not a fan of a lot of 'stuff' in my chicken salad, so this is just chicken, curry powder, mayo, and a bit of pepper.  I had this Monday night at work and it was fabulous!  Filled me right up and kept me full for the night.  


Tomorrow is mexican salad for lunch.  I've got roma tomatoes, avocado, black beans, olives, and lettuce for it.  I think I'll just mix some salsa into the whole mess.  Maybe add a bit of cheese to it.  I think that will keep me full until Tai Chi Thursday night.  


And I've been very neglectful about taking vitamins.  When I trained for my full marathon 4 years ago, I faithfully took my vitamins every day, and I think it helped me a lot.  Especially the glucosamine.  My hips are always tight, and they ache sometimes.  My physical therapist told me it's because my hip flexors are very weak, and I have to build them up.  So, in addition to working on that, I'm starting on my vitamins again.  I take Calcium, Fish Oil, a Multivitamin, Glucosamine, and B-Complex.  If I can keep up on eating breakfast everyday, then this will be no problem.  


Thanks to all who commented on my post from Monday.  I like to make plans, and usually end up overwhelming myself and not doing any of it.  So I am forcing myself to be patient, and take baby steps.  Bud is always supportive, but I have proven in the last year or so that I don't always do what I say I will.  I will be very proud of myself when I can say to Bud, "see, I did it."  I've been telling him for years I am going to lose weight, and I haven't.  I can understand his lack of belief in that statement.  I am determined to get back into a bikini!  He hasn't seen that in a while :).  Mostly, he just wants me to be healthy.  I know when you love someone you want them to stay fit and feel good.  I feel that way about him (although he still looks hot and fit).  


Apparently, that post from Monday exhausted me, because yesterday I took what I thought would be a short nap, and ended up sleeping away the afternoon.  Oops.  Not much reading done.  And, I've begun clipping out pictures and articles for my running journal.  Today at work I'll find a great journal to begin that fun project.  Oh darn, it also means I will have to buy some cool markers and fun stuff.  Gee, what a shame.  Forced to buy art supplies and be creative.  



3 comments:

  1. Those meals sound really yummy. I always struggle to come up with something to eat for lunch. And yay for art supplies! I could spend a whole day in a craft store and not get tired of being there or run out of things to find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you keep posting about your goals it will be harder to lose focus. :) Yay for art supplies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to color, what can I say? Although it is hard for me to stay in the lines...

    ReplyDelete

Did you know comments taste like chocolate mousse? I looooove chocolate mousse--leave a comment and feed me.