Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Once Again, I Have To Explain The End

I have yet to figure out Bud's movie watching pattern.  I am pretty convinced he stays awake through every movie I rent that he hates, and when it's a good movie, he always falls asleep before the end.  Always.  It doesn't matter what time we watch the movie, he will fall asleep.  Now, I must confess, I did fall asleep for a teeny tiny bit during last night's movie, Inception.  But only for a nano-second, until a huge boom made me jump and almost fall off the couch.  Then I stayed awake.  After all, I knew I would have to pay attention because Bud would fall asleep eventually, and it was a bit of a confusing movie.




Inception is the kind of movie where you must pay attention all the time.  A PhD in physics would help, too.  Basically, it's about going into people's dreams to access their unconscious secrets.  Leonard Decaprio's character gets paid by major corporations to do this.  He's also on the run because he's accused of killing his wife.  She has a habit of popping into the dreams of Leo's "subjects".  There are a group of people who work with Leo--one's an architect (Ellen Page) who helps create the dream world.  See, it gets very complicated and complex and convoluted.  It's like a difficult book that you have to read carefully, then sleep, then wake up and understand it. You must digest this movie.  


So I went to bed last night and proceeded to have crazy dreams about Brad and Angelina (why?!  why?!) dancing around a pool, jumping in the pool, Gwyneth Paltrow showing up, and Angelina and I having a sing-off for a song from Hello Dolly.  Needless to say, I was dancing with Betty White and singing to her, and she said I had a lovely voice (so not true), while Angelina had the voice of an angel.  Bitch.  


Then the phone rang.  It was Bud, to give me a weather report and ask my why I wasn't up (it was 7AM and my day off!) I realized this wasn't part of the dream, when Bud started asking me about the movie.  So, I spent a few minutes explaining pretty much the whole movie to him while I was still not fully awake.  


Go ahead and watch Inception.  But be prepared to scratch your head a few times.  It's like a good wine--it gets better the longer it sits and melds.  Just watch out for your dreams.  And shake your man awake if he falls asleep during the movie so you don't have to explain it!

5 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to re-watch this. We watched it over Christmas break and I was the one that fell asleep! I blame it on the confusion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is very confusing! But it's pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue!!!!
    My son said it was the best movie he's ever seen. That made me not want to watch it. Not that he has bad taste, but he likes the really smart plots, and me, I like watching Javier Bardem take his shirt off.
    You're so funny! My husband always falls asleep in the movies I rent, yet, when he's all alone, he'll watch pretty much anything. I caught him bawling his eyes out to "My Sister's Keeper" last weekend.
    Have a great week girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandra, that is so funny! I think Bud gets a bit weepy sometimes, too. He insists that we watch Marley and Me and I refuse--I know the end, and I will not have a bawl fest. I know he'll cry.

    Have a great week! We're having one heck of a blizzard here--woohoo!

    And Javier Bardem is my new crush. Swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HaHa! I'm the one who falls asleep, but I'm better off watching the movie over again myself than I am asking hubs for the breakdown. He's not at all good at recapping movies, TV shows or phone conversations. He has a habit of omitting several of the important details, and that can make a storyline that's already complex downright impossible to follow.

    He can recall (and explain in minute detail) every drive, chip and putt that he made at some obscure golf course that he played one time 20 years ago, but a movie plot?? Forget about it.

    Javier Bardem?? He was so creepy looking in "No Country For Old Men" but when I saw him on the red carpet after that, well... H.O.T.!! Nuf said.

    Peace,
    Martha

    ReplyDelete

Did you know comments taste like chocolate mousse? I looooove chocolate mousse--leave a comment and feed me.