Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

A Blog Award To Start Off The Week



Look what The Frisky Virgin sent my way!  Oh, that turkey looks like it could chip a tooth.  Anyway, the rules are to tell a story about cooking, holidays, intoxication, or the kitchen.  So, I'm going to tell a story that involves my oldest sister Debbie, who is about 12 years older than me.   When I was  still much younger, she was married and had my nephew.  We lived in Iowa, and she lived in Illinois (we moved after she got married and left her there!).  One Thanksgiving, we went to her house.  I remember this vividly, because of my Dad's reaction and also because it was one of the rare times we were not home for Thanksgiving.

Checking on the turkey, it looked beautiful.  Smelled pretty good, too.  Out of the oven it came, and my Dad decided to scoop out the stuffing before he carved the turkey.  Oops.  My sister left the bag of "stuff" in the turkey.  And of all the people to discover it, it was my Dad.  So into the garbage the stuffing went, along with the turkey's last gift.  We all ate the turkey, with no ill effects, but I learned one lesson:  always, always check the cavity of a bird before you cook it!  Needless to say, my Dad enjoyed reminding Debbie about that turkey for years and years.  My sister is a very good cook, and never made that mistake again.

Thanks Frisky Virgin!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, that turkey looks like it could chip a tooth. agree on this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, emptying the turkey was...interesting...and gross. I am glad the "stuff" is in a bag, but it didn't make it any less disgusting. Yuck.

    You are very welcome! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great story. One day I must try to cook a whole turkey

    ReplyDelete

Did you know comments taste like chocolate mousse? I looooove chocolate mousse--leave a comment and feed me.