Pages

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Yum Yum! Mad Housewife Merlot

I am by no means a wine expert and usually will drink whatever wine someone offers me.  Does that make me a lush?  Geez, I sound like a lush.  


So anyway, our local chain grocery store carries Mad Housewife wines.  I bought one to take to Des Moines last weekend, but we drank something else instead, so back into the basement "wine cellar" it went.  Bud and I decided to have wine with our supper last night, so I pulled out the Mad Housewife to try.  It's fantastic!  Very smooth, tasty, and no nasty aftertaste.  We had the Merlot, but they have other reds, too.  It's a California wine, and I certainly will add this to my "go to" wine list.  




It's also very affordable--under $10.00  a bottle, so stock up for the holidays!  It would also make a great gift for your wine drinking friends, along with some chocolates and some cheese.  After all, housewives need to take a break from the overwhelming housekeeping duties they have--and drinking a glass of wine leaning against the dishwasher would be ok, as far as I'm concerned.  It would also be ok to lay down on the couch, hit the remote, and watch say Patsy and Edina! Sweetie, darling, go to the store and begin your Mad Housewife day of leisure now.   Only if it's after noon, though.  Unless you really are Pasty or  Edina. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm tempted to bring out the Eddie costume for this Halloween! Maybe I'll get a bottle of Mad Housewife for the Christmas Cake Baking Session -you can bring your pom pom maker :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are on! I will bring the pom pom maker and we will have a P-A-R-T-Y!

    ReplyDelete

Did you know comments taste like chocolate mousse? I looooove chocolate mousse--leave a comment and feed me.