Pages

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Two Week Workout Recap--I Have Survived

I've discovered a few things in the past two weeks since I've rejoined the Y:

**I have lost my running mojo.  Don't want to, don't feel like it, and when I do, it sucks.

**I like weights.

**The mirrors at the Y are cruel and clearly rigged to be funhouse mirrors.

I've been faithfully working out for two weeks.  This is a record for me, and a goal that has been laughable for pretty much my entire adult life.  Yes, I would run every week, but doing strength training with it?  Not so much.  So now the running is set aside, and I'm concentrating on getting in my thrice-weekly strength training sessions thanks to ActivTrax.  Besides the fact that it thinks I am a complete and total wimp that is incapable of picking up a can of soup, it's a great tool for working out.  And now after two weeks it's adding different machines and finally realizing I can lift more than it calculates.  It also requires that I do cardio and ab work.  I've done the elliptical and also biked.  I tried to run a bit, and that ended quickly.  

I seem to be in the down cycle for running.  I'll run for a year, then get burned out and stop for a year.  Apparently this is my stop year.  I'm okay with that, too.  Concentrating on getting in the workout groove has been my focus and I already feel better knowing I'm exercising those fat cells into oblivion! I hit the gym 4 days this week and I'm happy happy happy.  

I am very happy I rejoined the YMCA.  Once I am in the habit of working out regularly, I'm going to try some of the classes.  For now, strength training and cardio is keeping my plate full.  

And I have to say, as it gets so much cooler outside, I am pretty damn happy I don't have to go out for any long runs.  Flying the weenie flag, people--and proud of it!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! You are doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fun to work out at the Y.M.C.A (insert dance moves here) Not only are the mirrors in Fun House mode, the scales are seem to automatically add 5 pounds! Weight lifting always felt better to me than cardio. Hoping that someday I too can lift a soup can without assistance or risking permanent damage. Rock on Workout Goddess!

    ReplyDelete

Did you know comments taste like chocolate mousse? I looooove chocolate mousse--leave a comment and feed me.