Tuesday, August 14, 2012
A Few Great Things About Tuesday
In my on-going efforts to let a little sunshine into my pessimistic and, quite frankly, poopy head, I've discovered a few things about today--this particular Tuesday, that make me happy:
1. The mop on my head will be cut, colored, and bedazzled this afternoon. I cannot stand one more second of floppy, poofy hair.
2. My dear Bud will be stopping over tonight for supper! I'm thinking a shrimp dish is on the menu. And a bottle of chilled white wine.
3. We are finally going to watch the two Netflix movies I've had for the last two weeks. Olympics are over, back to normal life.
4. My never ending quest to contain my books at home has led me to finding books on shelves I didn't know I had--for the past 3 years. The pages are a bit yellow, but I shall read them! It's like having my very own bookstore right in my living room. And bedroom. And dining room.
5. Going out for a run. It will be short, but I get to listen to my new songs on the wee-pod.
6. I have added to my stack of BOOKS I HAVE READ AND MUST LEAVE THE HOUSE PILE. A few more days and I'll be taking them away to find other readers who just don't know they need these books until they see them.
7. Hatch chiles are on sale this week! Today was my first official ad sighting from the local grocery store. Making plans to purchase giant amounts to roast, peel, chop, and freeze.
Wow. I found a lot to be smiley about today. What's making you happy today?