Pages

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Strawberry-Banana Daiquiri Frozen Yogurt

I'm continuing my ice cream making project this week after a few weeks off.  My concoction this week is damn tasty!  Once again I found the recipe in this delightful cookbook:


Get it here

Oh Lord.  This stuff is yummy.  I was going to make an actual ice cream, but when I saw the price of heavy cream at the grocery store I realized a frozen yogurt was the way to go!  Here's the recipe--it's ridiculously easy:

2 ripe whole bananas, peeled and cut into chunks
1 Cup fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
2 Cups plain, whole milk Greek yogurt
3/4 Cup sugar
1/4 Cup light rum  (you can leave this out if you want)

Put bananas, strawberries, yogurt, sugar, and rum in a blender and blend until smooth.  Refrigerate until cold.

Process the mixture in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's directions (my Cuisinart says 20 mins).  Put in a container and freeze overnight.


It really does take quite awhile for this to freeze.  But when it does, it is like a rock.  So plan on taking it out and letting it set on the counter awhile to soften up.  I went one step further on the recipe and added chopped strawberries and another diced banana to the mixture as it was nearly done in the ice cream maker:
I am not a neat cook.
I will tell you--the greek yogurt gives it a kick!  I can't taste the rum at all--just the fruit and the yogurt.  And the chunks of fruit in it are delicious:


I am pretty sure Bud won't eat this, so I have 1 quart of this all to myself!  It's a frozen smoothie in a bowl.  Yum.  Just sweet enough with a great tang.  I will make this again and probably with different fruit concoctions:  blueberries and bananas sound good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you know comments taste like chocolate mousse? I looooove chocolate mousse--leave a comment and feed me.