Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

24 Day Program: Day Three Feels Like Day Eleventy Billion

I have never tried a "diet" program in my life.  Cause I know it won't work.  But this one made me think "Hey dufus, you need to try it!" So I've begun my 24 day program to help me kick some bad habits, clean out my system, and eat foods that my body will crave instead of the bad stuff.


It sucks.  


For the first 3 days, I drink a fiber filled drink in the morning before I eat breakfast.  Then after three days of this, I stop taking the fiber drink until day 8.  In between, I start taking a vitamin packet and a meal replacement shake for breakfast, but everything else stays the same.  At day 8, it's another 3 days of the fiber drink.  Then after that, it's back to the shake and the vitamin packets.  While I'm on the "cleanse" portion, I'm not supposed to have any fried foods (not so tough to do), caffeine, booze, or fat.  The fat part is the tough part.  Making scrambled eggs without any butter is not the best scenario.  But I did, and added cilantro to them to give me a taste sensation in the morning.  


It's forced me to scour the internet for tasty salad recipes.  Lots of fresh veggies, fruits, and lean meats.  Lots of water.  I haven't been drinking enough of that, so I'm going to walk around with a water bottle to keep myself drinking water all day.  This isn't necessarily a problem, since I either drink iced tea or water every day anyway.  Not having coffee these first 10 days has been tough.  The gloomy, cool weather always kicks in that coffee "need" for comfort.  And not eating any dairy is part of the first 10 day plan.  So far that hasn't really been an issue, since I cut way back last month when I figured out skim milk was giving me tummy issues.


So I'm hoping this 24 day program will help me restart my taste buds and give me a different craving--one for fruit and veggies.  Bud is totally on board with me and happy I'm trying something for myself.  He's been warned that what I'm cooking will be super healthy and he's happy to try my recipes.  I don't think he will want to eat all the salads I found that contain beans.  These will probably remain my lunch salads for work.  I can't wait to try some of them.  The key for me to lunch is eating enough that I'm full, enough protein that I stay full, but not so much carbs that I fall into a food coma an hour later.  It's especially important if I'm going to run after work.  I have to eat early enough that I can digest lunch and eat the right stuff so I don't feel gross when I run.  


I did find a wonderful blog that has so many great recipes I don't know what to try first.  Check it out if you're looking for tasty, healthy meals to make for your family or yourself. It's called SkinnyTaste.com and as soon as I'm off this first 10 days I'm going to make this bangin' shrimp recipe for Bud and I.  


Will I lose weight?  I don't know.  I hope so.  But for me, the most important thing is learning to eat the good stuff, and kick that sugar craving to the curb--or at least put a leash on it!

2 comments:

  1. You will do great.
    We have cut carbs in this house and that has made a huge difference. Not just sugar but all carbs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did the shrimp turn out? Bang Bang Shrimp from Bonefish is probably my favorite thing in the entire world, and it would be nice to have a healthier recipe to try out. What 5k are you running? I am VERY sad that I won't get to see you when I come home for the weekend...boo.

    ReplyDelete

Did you know comments taste like chocolate mousse? I looooove chocolate mousse--leave a comment and feed me.