Pages

Friday, April 20, 2012

A Weekend Off With No Firm Plans--Holy Shit!

The last weekend off I had Bud and I went out of town and I filled up on bottles of Trader Joe's Goddess Dressing.  Enough to last me through the summer.  So now I've got another weekend off (still have to work tonight--boohoo) and since it's the beginning of turkey hunting season tomorrow, I've been informed Bud will not be available for a Saturday afternoon anything, and this may possibly extend into the evening hours.  Hey, that's just more reading time for me.


I finally finally finally went to the gym this morning.  For the first time in 3 months, thank you very much.  That's $120 the Y got from me for nothing.  Stupid me.  I spent 30 minutes on the elliptical machine, reading on my Nook and slowly feeling my right leg go numb.  I'm convinced that losing 20 pounds will make my feet stop hurting when I exercise, cause I'm really sure I can't blame my shoes.  They are just fine.  It's the poundage that's above them that's the problem.  I walked around the track for about 10 minutes afterwards to stretch out the hips and get the feeling back in my feet, and afterwards, while stretching in the hallway, I saw a poster for an EcoFest 2012 that is tomorrow in my city.  And--they advertised a 5k run tomorrow night at 6PM.  Flash of brilliance!  I could just run a 5K--very poorly, and very slowly--but run one on a whim cause I have Saturday off.  I rushed home and googled the information, eager to sign up.  


It was cancelled. Dang it!  Race denied.  Oh well.  I'll still go running tomorrow morning.  And I still have the weekend off, to run both Saturday and Sunday and work in the yard--and break through my reading log jam.  And remember how good it felt to walk in the gym and work out, even if it wasn't for long.  I did it, and broke that darn invisible barrier in my mind.  Now if I could just figure out a class to take at the Y that won't bore me, is at a time I can attend every week, and helps get me in shape, I'm all set.  


Have a great weekend everyone!  

1 comment:

  1. Bummer about the race cancellation... :-(
    BUT! Have an AWESOME weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Did you know comments taste like chocolate mousse? I looooove chocolate mousse--leave a comment and feed me.