Pages

Follow by Email

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Latest Food Addiction! Woohoo!!

found it here
This picture is so darn big 'cause this dressing is looming rather large in my life lately.  A trip to Trader Joe's a month or so ago had me picking up two of these--one for me, one for a friend who loves it so much it was like crack to her mouth.    I put it in my cupboard and proceeded to forget about it for a few weeks, until I decided to make a salad for work lunch and thought "Hey, I think I'll try that dressing."


Composing my salad of mixed greens, kalamata olives, croutons, and roasted red peppers, I grabbed the bottle and took a dab with my finger.  Hmm.  My recent knowledge of Green Goddess Dressing was not what this tasted like--then I realized this isn't Green Goddess Dressing, but just plain 'ole Goddess Dressing.  It has tahini in it, which takes it to a whole new place on the taste bud scale.  Green Goddess dressing is a mix of avocado, herbs, lemon juice, and other things.  This dressing has none of that in it.  Totally different in taste and appearance.


My taste buds loved it.  I have had 4 salads now, each with this dressing and no cheese.  Historic  because I pretty much always put some kind of cheese on my salad.  But with this dressing, the richness requires no cheese, thank you.  And--the taste is so huge, you really don't need much to dress your salad.  That tahini taste goes a long way.  


I'm going to be near Trader Joe's again in a few weeks, and I've already told Bud we need to stop.  I will be buying bottles of this dressing to help me make it through the summer.  It is that good.  And, it is also an excellent dipper for pretzels--and probably anything else you'd dip in a dip.  Yum.


What's your latest food discovery/addiction/can't live without?  Besides salted caramel frosting, this dressing, and umm...a rediscovery for Bananas Foster, I am hoping I'll suddenly crave raw veggies and water all the time, 24/7.  My thighs and belly certainly need them.  It will be easy as heck to eat more salads with this yummy dressing in my kitchen.  Thank you, Trader Joe's!



4 comments:

  1. I'll be near a Trader Joe's this week. I will try to remember to check it out. I love salads and like to change up my dressing sometimes.
    I love this multi-grain cracker that I found at Costco. Really good and you can eat 15 per serving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The goddess dressing is pretty tasty with pretzels! But seriously--try it out. I'm always game for a new salad dressing.

      Delete
  2. We don't have a Trader Joe's in our area, but there have been rumors that one is coming to Albany which is just an hour away and if/when that happens, I'll have to give it a try. (Holy runon sentence, Mary.)

    Anywhooo... there's a dressing called Goddess by a company called Annies that I get in the Natural Foods section of my grocery store and it sounds similar. I'm a big fan of their Green Goddess too. It's not heavy like some that I've tried and doesn't have that yucky "processed" after taste.

    :~) Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This Trader Joe's is about 1.5 hrs away. I only get there every 4 months or so. Last time I was there the herds had been through and there wasn't much left!

      Delete

Did you know comments taste like chocolate mousse? I looooove chocolate mousse--leave a comment and feed me.