Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

100 Book Challenge Met!

I have managed to somehow reach my 100 book challenge for 2011 today, just before I had to leave for work.  And I read a wonderful book as my 100th book, too.  It's late, I'm tired, so I will post a review of the book soon.  Suffice it to say, I am very happy to have actually kept track of all the books I've read this year--it is a first for me.  So when people say you can never learn or improve, well, I just did.  I am horrible at starting lists and then dropping them after a few weeks.  This is why it is impossible for me to keep a journal, and why a blog is much easier.  I will keep reading, since I still have a large backlog of books. Bud, who hasn't read a book since high school, is oddly proud of my achievement.  Someday I may get him to slow down enough to read something.  Some women want their better half to lose weight, learn a new skill, or just be home every night.  I don't want any of that--I want Bud to read a book!   I've still got a few decades left to wear him down, and since he's such a fan of the late Steve Jobs, I may have found just the book for him--it's out in a few weeks.


And for those who are still reading towards their goals this year, bravo to you!  Keep reading!  I am your biggest fan and so happy you've taken up the call to make time to read.  It has been such a huge part of my life that I can't imagine how colorless and gloomy my life would be without my beloved books.


Off to have a glass of wine to celebrate, then bed with a new book--one I think will make me yearn to go back to Ireland again.  More later! 


Get it here

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! This calls for a celebratory drink :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations sweet one... Last year, I tried to get Jim to read with me in bed for a half hour each night, his concentration level lasted 30 seconds!! I have not given up tho, one day that boy will read a book!

    ReplyDelete

Did you know comments taste like chocolate mousse? I looooove chocolate mousse--leave a comment and feed me.