Pages

Friday, August 26, 2011

This Faux-Imodium Had Better Work

These tootsies gotta run
I was supposed to do a long run of 9 miles on Thursday, but life got in the way in the form of truck issues.  Mainly--a car decided to rear-end my beloved Fritz.  So I was truck-less until mid-morning yesterday when Bud delivered unto me his Momma Bear, which is the much younger souped up version of my Fritzy.  Both are Toyota Tacomas, but his is waaaay cooler than my 15 year old truck.  


I am not used to driving a truck with electric windows and locks.  I am used to actually rolling up my window and locking the door myself.  And I am sitting quite high.  I miss my Fritz.  Hopefully he will ride again; he's still got a lot of life left in him--and he's paid in full--most important of all.


So I ran today--5 miles.  Felt pretty good, although that pesky side cramp keeps happening.  I really think it's cause I'm not drinking enough water throughout the day, so I have got to step it up and start sucking down the liquids.  I have various aches and pains due to:  pulling weeds, painting my porch railing, and probably a bit of a jolt from a car trying to shove it's way up Fritz's behind.  I know he's attractive in his old age, but really?  Couldn't you have just beeped your horn?


Tomorrow is the big day:  9 mile run.  I purchased a faux-Imodium today in preparation of my notorious gut issues whenever I run farther than 6-7 miles.  I must admit, I don't buy anti-diarrheal meds very often--maybe once every 10 years, but I found it odd that at two drug stores in town, the Imodium areas were completely empty.  Zippo.  Gone.  None to be had but the store brand.  What the heck?  Is someone using Imodium to make crack? (he he--crack)  Is everyone suffering from the shits in this town?  What is going on?  I am puzzled.  This will consume my thought process all day, and I will have to discuss this with Bud tonight.  Probably while we eat supper.  That's how I roll.  


Anywho, I have two days of vacation left.  Today I am going to clean the caked on sweat off of my body, finish a few books, and have a late lunch with C-Joy.  Bud will be over tonight and actually stay to eat supper and get caught up on True Blood.  He has already told me he will probably fall asleep on me.  That's ok.  It's been one of those weeks, and we both deserve to conk out for a bit.  So grilled steak, fruit salad, and possibly either grilled corn on the cob or bruschetta.  Either one will do.  This will be my  one "I decided it would be a lazy ass day".
More on tomorrow's efforts umm...tomorrow.  

5 comments:

  1. We are looking at getting a Tacoma.
    We have a car but out here really should have a truck.
    I don't know about Immodium, but the Walmart in Newton was totally out of big bags of cat litter. My cat is picky about the kind of litter she will use so now we have to stop somewhere else. How can they run out of cat litter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it just me or is there a connection between the missing Immodium and cat litter? I know there's one, I just can't put my nose on it...(ok, that's lame). We need a truck too, are Tacomas long running? I would pick bruschetta, yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! Hope the meds work to stop the runs on your run :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alex: Toyotas will run forever!

    I don't know what the connection is between Imodium and cat litter. That is a bit troublesome to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no!!! I'm so glad you are okay! Probably someone not paying attention or talking on the cell or texting. Aggravating! Poor Fritz. :( I hope he gets better soon. (btw--I named my cars, too. First it was Max, then Dallas). :)

    ReplyDelete

Did you know comments taste like chocolate mousse? I looooove chocolate mousse--leave a comment and feed me.