1. I'm a big weenie
2. I have no running clothes for cold weather. I have shorts, tanks and a few long sleeve shirts from my half and full marathons. No hats, gloves, leggings, nothing! I think I can only afford spring and summer running gear. Gifts would be appreciated :) Plus, I think I would look like a stuffed sausage. Is it all so tight and clingy?
3. I'm terrified of falling. I'm pretty sure I'd be so tense running that there would be no enjoyment for even a nano-second. And then I would fall in front of the only other person out at the park that day. And, I'd probably fall into dog poop.
4. People in Iowa have the common sense to not hold races after the Turkey Trot in the beginning of November. We're too busy shoveling and sitting on the interstate while another accident is cleaned up to plan races in the cold temps.
5. It's fun to run on the treadmill at the YMCA, and be amazed that I could sweat such ginormous amounts of water while staring out a window at below zero temps. The key is to get home and in the tub before my body goes into shock from sweating, to freezing until the heater kicks in, to cold again, to ahhh a hot bath!
6. I would prefer to read a good book, with a cup of tea or coffee on the table, and a warm blanket wrapped around me.
So there. Those are my excuses. I just don't wanna do it. It may be an issue, if I ever want to run the half marathon at Disney in February. I have to figure out the training for that before I even think of sending money to register for 2012. And I have to start running again! Starting over at zero. Sigh.
|First half-marathon, 2006. Ignorance really is bliss! And, it makes for a good PR.|