Pages

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Chicken With Herbed Goat Cheese And Sun Dried Tomatoes

The Barefoot Contessa has, once again, created a delicious dish that's perfect for two, or for a dinner party.  I made this last night for supper, and I loved it.  Bud ate everything but the sun dried tomatoes--he called them 'tomato skins' and picked them off.  I inhaled mine.  It's very easy to make.  Here's my chicken before it goes into the oven:


Boneless Chicken Breast W/Skin stuffed with cheese, basil, and sun dried tomatoes
The recipe online neglected to add basil leaves to the chicken.  On her show, she adds the basil.  Feel free to add it, or use a different herb.  Just make sure to salt & pepper the chicken inside and out.  Here's the finished product!  


Yum!
A glass of wine, some greens and rice and you've got an easy, fancy-ish dinner in under 45 minutes.  

4 comments:

  1. OK.... First, I LOVE Ina! Second, this looks super yummy and easy to make. I'm always looking for new ways to fix chicken and this looks like a terrific one. I'll most likely give it a try this week.

    I love that Bud called them tomato "skins"! Too funny! :~) I think it's a textural thing with sun dried tomatoes. I'm kind of fussy about them myself. If you're interested, there is an easy alternative to the store-bought ones, and they're not hard to do. I make them all the time and use them in any recipe that calls for sun-dried tomatoes.

    Just take about 6 - 10 fresh Roma or "plum" tomatoes, cut them in half lengthwise and squeeze out the excess liquid and as scoop out the seeds with your finger. Lay them out, cut side up, on a cookie sheet and drizzle them with a good olive oil and a some kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. Put them in a slow oven (about 250 degrees) and leave them in there for about 6 hours. (You can also sprinkle some finely minced garlic on them or even a little garlic powder before putting them in the oven) After they've cooled, place them in a couple of large jars or other glass containers, with just enough olive oil to cover them, and store them in the fridge.

    They'll keep for a month or so, and they have a much meatier texture than a sun dried tomato and a deep rich flavor. Bud might like them better because they aren't as "dry".

    Anyway.... thanks for the recipe! I'll let you know when I give it a try!

    Martha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Martha. I've made oven roasted tomatoes tons of times in the past year--they smell so good with garlic and balsamic vinegar on them--makes the whole house yummy. It's a Barefoot Contessa recipe, of course!

    ReplyDelete

Did you know comments taste like chocolate mousse? I looooove chocolate mousse--leave a comment and feed me.