Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veteran's Day Shout Out

My two nephews 

Today's Veterans Day, and we should all take a few moments to thank all of the men and women who keep our country safe and free!  My nephew Eric joined the Marines and went to Iraq for a year.  He's now back home, and out of the Marines. Thankfully he returned to us without injury and we appreciate all he did during his four year stint in the Marines. I will always keep his letters home as a reminder that sometimes we all have to do difficult things in life to make things better for others.

My nephew Ben always talked about being in the Army since he was a very small boy, and in his junior year of high school joined the National Guard.  Ben is still in the National Guard three years later, attending college to become a police officer, and proud to wear his uniform.  

I love my nephews and am very proud of them!  So forget about not getting any mail today, and appreciate those vets!

3 comments:

  1. You must be so proud of your nephews. My dad served in WWII and my brother-in-law (who happens to be visiting right now) had a 25 year Navy career.

    Handsome boys too!

    Happy Veterans Day!
    Martha

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, they are cuties, and typical 20-something men--all party now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue, that is so cool. Love the picture. As the mother of one of them I am very proud of Ben and Eric to serve our country. Love them both very much and I am glad they are both safe.

    ReplyDelete

Did you know comments taste like chocolate mousse? I looooove chocolate mousse--leave a comment and feed me.