Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Messing With the Unmessable! (What?!)

I think unmessable is a new word.  At least for me, it works today.  I woke up at 2 A.M. to major back pain.  Nothing I did would make me feel better.  I got up for a while, after slowly rolling to the edge of the bed and managing to walk bent over into my living room.  


I think the combo of sanding and running 9 miles  hurt my back.  I messed with the unmessable.  Woe is me.


I  tried all the back exercises I knew, but nothing worked.  I sat on the couch, and decided to read, although I was actually sleepy and just wanted to go to sleep.  I managed to turn around and lay down on the couch with pillows at my back and started to fall asleep, but was abruptly brought back to full awareness by the sharp pain in my right lower back.  Ok--now I was getting a little nervous.  I thought of all I wanted to do today, my other day off.  Carry laundry up from the basement to fold.  Nope.  Finish the front porch--nope.  Run my five miles of hills--nope.  Bike ride with the kids-nope.  Having Bud's birthday celebration/dinner tonight--unable to do my whole plan.  Close to crying--yep!


I managed to sleep a bit, and woke up to a still very sore back.  It took a bit to sit up and then stand up.  How will I get through the next 40 years of life with this lousy back?!  I blame it on the mattress, too.  New mattress is now a priority and must be found within the next month.  


I managed to do the dishes, but still couldn't bend over.  Took more aspirin, had breakfast, and gazed longingly outside at the beautiful day.  Now a few hours later, my back has relaxed and feels better.  I'm going to attempt the bike ride with Laura and Cole.  I promised them, and next week school starts, so this is the only chance we have to revisit the Sac and Fox trail during the week.  I won't be running my hills today.  Maybe later this week.  The porch is too wet from yesterday's rain to seal, so that will have to wait til this weekend.  Bud's birthday supper will go on--I found a great peach cobbler recipe that looks pretty darn easy!  


So, lesson learned.  Take it easy and stretch out the back.  And get a new mattress pronto!
This is how I feel, not how I look!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you know comments taste like chocolate mousse? I looooove chocolate mousse--leave a comment and feed me.