Pages

Sunday, August 15, 2010

A Good Sign on the Trail Today

I have one more thing tonight.  I have made known to Bud that when I finally can have a dog, I want a Siberian Husky.  I love them.  It's that simple.  I like large dogs, and I think Siberian Huskies are just beyond beautiful.  Guess what?  It's not the kind of dog Bud wants.  I told him he can get his dog, and I'll get mine.  'Nuf said about that.


I took Laura and Cole out to the Amana Colonies on Friday just to get away for a bit.  We had talked about what kind of dogs we liked the week before, and guess what?  In the Amana General Store, they had key chains with pictures of dog breeds on them.  Cole walks up to me and says "Hey Susie, look!  A husky!"  And by gosh, it was a picture of a Siberian Husky.  He remembered.  What a little munchkin.


Last night I woke up around 2 A.M. and couldn't sleep, and struggled to get up this morning to run.  I knew if I didn't make the effort, I would kick myself and not be happy.  So, I got up and went to the park to run.  I've just started running at this park near my house in the past week.  It's only .8 miles around, so I have to run extra to hit my numbers.  This is why I usually avoid it.  But, it's five minutes from my place and I was in a time crunch before work.  I started out on the trail, and someone upstairs sent me a message when I was feeling down:


I was about halfway through my first mile, and who did I pass?  A man walking two Siberian Huskies.  They were just so beautiful and well behaved.  I slowed down, said "hi", and tried not to pull the dogs into a massive bear hug.  I thought, "Ok--that's a sign I'm moving in the right direction and I'll have a good day."  


So there's my "there are no coincidences" moment.  Someday I'll have my dog.  Our hair will probably match by then!


On my wish list

2 comments:

  1. Turtle-approved pet! She will be thrilled when your dream dog finally finds its way to your home :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She can have pony rides on the dog if I get it before she's off to college!

    ReplyDelete

Did you know comments taste like chocolate mousse? I looooove chocolate mousse--leave a comment and feed me.