Pages

Friday, May 28, 2010

What Do You Have In Your Cupboards?

As I've said before, I have a teeny little kitchen, with not much space for pots, plates, or food storage.  There are a few things I always have on hand, though, to make some quick meals when I'm in a rush or just too darn lazy to cook anything that requires much effort.

So here's what I like to always have on hand, and find in my grocery cart most every week when I shop:

Olive Oil
Garlic
Lemons
Limes
Basil
Dried pasta
Canned artichokes
Canned black beans
Tortillas
Shredded Cheeses:  Cheddar, mozzarella, and parmesan (never the stuff in the green can--ick!)
Fresh Veggies--mostly broccoli, bagged and washed spinach, peppers
Salsa

I can usually find strange new ways to mix it all together.  Of course, these are meals I eat by myself, cause I'm pretty sure Bud wouldn't touch some of my concoctions!  Cheese and bean quesadillas and a quick lemon pasta with assorted veggies tossed in are mainstays for me.

I have tomorrow off, and plan a scrumptious dinner of kabobs and homemade onion rings.  I found a recipe for pomegranate margaritas, and I think it will be a delicious dinner for Bud and I.  It will be a  nice conclusion to what should be a beautiful day having lunch with my friend C-Joy and little  Turtle, maybe a wine tasting thrown in, and a quick run early in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you know comments taste like chocolate mousse? I looooove chocolate mousse--leave a comment and feed me.