Pages

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Hall of Shame-Egyptian Style



There aren't many things in life that can make you a Pharaoh,  but I can officially say, I am one and have been one for about 6 months now.  How so, you say?

Luxor 2.  It has been on my computer for about 2 years, and I still cannot finish it.  It is maddening.  I have been on level 10 for the last year, and usually every day I spend about 15 minutes playing the game.  It's pretty simple:  just shoot colored balls with your mouse into a rapidly moving line of other colored balls.  Match 3 and they explode.  Your goal is to obliterate all of them before you lose any lives and the balls roll into either a pyramid, a strange creature, or a mysterious entrance to somewhere in the great Egyptian beyond.  There are ten levels, each with 10 games.  When you pass the whole level, you move onto a more difficult and faster level.  

So far, I have managed to achieve 10.4; which I have lost over 200 times, and only won 3 times.  I have played this game so many times, and accumulated so many points, that I have risen from a lowly brick layer,  a scribe, and a fan waver to the ruler of my kingdom--a Pharaoh.

I have another game similar to this--it's pirates and cannon balls.  I haven't downloaded it to my computer yet, because I feel enough failure at Luxor 2.  It's still sitting in my cabinet, wrapped up, and patiently waiting.  I would love to be the captain of my own pirate ship, but right now, ruling my Egyptian kingdom is proving somewhat more difficult than I imagined.  How did Hatshepsut do it?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you know comments taste like chocolate mousse? I looooove chocolate mousse--leave a comment and feed me.