Pages

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Onion Rings

Bud loves onion rings.  He will always order them with his meal if they come as an option.  I like onion rings, but would rather have french fries.  I have been toying with the idea of making homemade onion rings for Bud for quite some time, and I finally took the plunge last night.  


This recipe was from the Barefoot Contessa, and they're quite simply fantastic.  Cornmeal Onion Rings have such a crunch! I read the reviews, and they unanimously received a thumbs up from everyone.  They're very simple to make; the cooking in batches in the only thing that takes awhile.  I used Vidalia onions instead of Spanish onions.   The result is a super crunchy, tasty onion ring.  Bud ate the whole plate.  I actually stopped eating and looked at him because the crunch was so loud!  Keeping them warm in the oven didn't take anything away from the taste or texture; they weren't greasy at all.


Try these with a great grilled steak, or burger.  A nice alternative side dish that will wow your family and friends--or at least put a smile on your sweetie's face.  Now, if I could only make a decent stir-fry!  

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm, sound delish! Not a thing the Danes eat...something you only see in US style restaurants, so you're making me hungry. Again! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Did you know comments taste like chocolate mousse? I looooove chocolate mousse--leave a comment and feed me.