Pages

Follow by Email

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha Onion Rings

Bud loves onion rings.  He will always order them with his meal if they come as an option.  I like onion rings, but would rather have french fries.  I have been toying with the idea of making homemade onion rings for Bud for quite some time, and I finally took the plunge last night.  


This recipe was from the Barefoot Contessa, and they're quite simply fantastic.  Cornmeal Onion Rings have such a crunch! I read the reviews, and they unanimously received a thumbs up from everyone.  They're very simple to make; the cooking in batches in the only thing that takes awhile.  I used Vidalia onions instead of Spanish onions.   The result is a super crunchy, tasty onion ring.  Bud ate the whole plate.  I actually stopped eating and looked at him because the crunch was so loud!  Keeping them warm in the oven didn't take anything away from the taste or texture; they weren't greasy at all.


Try these with a great grilled steak, or burger.  A nice alternative side dish that will wow your family and friends--or at least put a smile on your sweetie's face.  Now, if I could only make a decent stir-fry!  

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm, sound delish! Not a thing the Danes eat...something you only see in US style restaurants, so you're making me hungry. Again! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Did you know comments taste like chocolate mousse? I looooove chocolate mousse--leave a comment and feed me.