Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

It's Time to Challenge Myself (again)

I've been reading blogs where people decide to take it up a notch and challenge themselves with a new goal or just tackle a to do list that's gathering dust.  The weather is much warmer this week, and the flowers are blooming ahead of schedule.  It's the perfect time to try something new, so I'm dusting off the recipe books and challenging myself to try new recipes each week for the next month.

Bud is always willing to eat what I make, even if it's something strange looking.  He says he'll try it once, and always lets me know if it's a go or a toss.  I've managed to come up with a handful of new meals because of our experimentation.  The grill is fired up, the patio furniture is being readied for use, and I'm looking over my cookbooks and marking recipes to try.

I will have to say I tried making quinoa the other night from a Giada De Laurentis recipe I saw on her show.  It looked and sounded delicious--full of lemon juice, chicken broth,  and fresh herbs.  I didn't realize a cup of uncooked quinoa makes a giant bowl of the stuff, so  I've been eating it for a few days.  I think I made a mistake, because it seemed kinda gummy.  Bud ate it, and said it tasted ok, but "lemony".  I love lemons, so I may have put extra in the quinoa.  Oops.  So back to the drawing board.

Tuesday night will be my first new recipe for this week.  I don't know what I'm going to make so stay tuned for the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you know comments taste like chocolate mousse? I looooove chocolate mousse--leave a comment and feed me.